Jan 1, 2007

...Happy New Year...

People learn. From their mistakes, experiences, whatever. But there are people who don't learn. The people who make a major mistake, and continue to make the exact same one, but expect something better to come out of it each time. They just keep going back for the same dosage of shit they received in the first place. Not only once, over and over. They like it. The taste of crap in their disgusting mouth is refreshing.


Don't worry about something you have completely no control over. It results in pointless stress. Stress over something constructive. Such as... ... ... ... ...nevermind.


So now that the holidays are over, maybe things will get back to 'normal' again. Maybe. Except now I'll be stuck in Lonoke most of January, starting tomorrow/this afternoon, where the excitement running through the crowded streets is completely overwhelmingly exulting... And now I might get to work TWO jobs... with no car.

I'm actually not sure why I'm complaining. I think I might just be annoyed... frustrated even. At what, I have no idea. I'm actually ready to see everyone again. It's only been a month since the last time, why does it seem longer?

I spent all day today with family, what with southern family here plus others from other states. I think it was the longest day I've had in a while. Starting early off with church and continuing with being recruited to setting up for the wedding. Yay. Even more fun when you didn't go to be until after 3. Then actually sitting through the wedding, and afterwards (again) being recruited to clean up. Yay again. So the reception was reasonably fun, except the sitting around watching every person within a year older than you get completely wasted dancing to country music all night... and knowing if you go anywhere near a glass of wine or champagne, you would be brutally murdered... because it's very wrong to underage drink.

The wedding sorta got me to thinking of the future or whatever. I figure that I won't ever get married. Kind of a depressing notion, but I really don't ever see it. I see myself graduating college, however long that might take, getting a job far away from both New York and Arkansas... and that's all I see right now.

It did snow the day after Christmas... way out in the hills where I was stuck at. Not very much, but enough for it to matter. It's completely gone now. Of course. It's okay though. It's not like I'm gonna be here anymore, so I don't care. I do get the rest of my Christmas presents soon though.

And I'm working Saturday. Someone owes me a visit... But I seriously hope that everyone's New Year's Resolution to lose weight last year worked, so that I don't have to deal with them.

So Happy New Year everyone... hope all was fun and went safely.

8 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

no new york??

i'm deeply saddened.

3:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mike acts as though his entire life will change drastically with erin leaving new york at the first oppurtunity handed to her. amusing.

cheer up erin! all will be fine soon =)

5:13 AM  
Blogger erin said...

things may change with the ny situation. more likely than not.

11:08 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

do i have to smite thee before you'll make a new post?!

1:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lalala....

2:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get a job somewhere exotic! : )
Mongolia!

2:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. I miss your Arkansass, Erinpants

2:07 PM  
Blogger erin said...

me? sass?

no way.

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home