Dec 14, 2006

...Open All Around...

I used to have this feeling of guilt when I did something wrong. When I lied to someone, I felt bad inside, because lying is wrong, right?

Well I don't feel sorry. I don't feel bad.

If I feel a twinge of guilt at all, it's only because this person believes me. If I feel anything else right now, it's only amusement because what I said was just plain funny... any other person would've looked at me and knew I wasn't serious! What am I supposed to do about it!? It's not my fault! This isn't even conscience-driven, it's only for the sake of me feeling like writing about it.

But I also used to think I worked better under pressure. It always made sense to me to wait until the day before something was due to even start thinking about getting it done. I had the ability to focus my complete and total attention on one single thing, thinking only about what I was working on. And I could do it fast, and no one could ever tell I hadn't spent countless days on it. Not that I'm bragging, but I miss it now. An entire semester into college, and I'm still stuck in the habit. Except this stupid work just has to be absolutely frustratingly difficult, and I just don't end up with the same effect as from before. It's a horrible habit.

So, in saying that, I've decided on my New Year's Resolution. No more falling into a steady stream of procrastination. That's it. I'm done. I want less stress, and this is the only constructive mechanism I can think of to solve that problem.

6 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

that's why you do your conclusion and final edits the day before it's due.

3:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

new year's resolutions never stick around for me.
hopefully you won't have that problem.

6:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm doing the same type of thing so I can make it through math next semester.

FOCUS, FOCUS, FOCUS.

5:18 PM  
Blogger erin said...

i don't think i've had a resolution that's stuck either. hope this one works.

i think you already told me that seth. FOCUS.

8:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sorry to break the news to you, Erin...but procrastination and college go together like love and marriage.
...also keg parties. Keg parties are pretty popular as well, ha ha.
Welcome to college!

But no really, good luck on the not procrastinating thing. I volunteer to help you by kickin' your ass so that you get in gear :D

10:55 PM  
Blogger erin said...

love and marriage don't always go together suz. trust me.

11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home